Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Journey Begins...

Here I am!

I was hoping to post last nightafter our Opening Ceremony, but lack of wifi and a little jet lag got in the way. But make no mistake, we are here, and this is definitely a huge WE. 42 fellows and mentors of the Leadership Institute have begun a magnificent journey together. Under last night's full moon we came together to sing & read poetry to frame our experience. My favorite: "Using all of our senses: Let's gaze at the moon. Let's smell the air. Let's feel the wind. Let's hear the night. Let's touch the earth. Let us sense the gifts of nature around us."

As a Jewish Educator commited to disability awareness, I know that this multi-sensory approach is a blessing. In the midst of Jewish Disabilty Awareness Month I am keenly aware of the significance of reaching every learner. My goal will be to experience Israel with all of my senses. As I honor those who learn differently. Then will I know that I am truly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment